Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Summer Camps

I had wanted to do a summer camp for a couple years. I LOVE planning and putting together these type of events. However, with preschool, it has been hard to work. So this was the first year to try it. Hard part was getting it planned alone. I knew I couldn't be as successful alone. I can plan all I want, but I needed the man power and place to do it. With the heat, there was no way to fit it in my house. I approached several people that I had hoped would do it. None took me up on the offer except for one. A good friend named Alicia, was crazy enough to take on the adventure. Better yet, she had an unfinished basement that we could use for the event and stay cool. So we started planning. I made a website to do sign ups. Each session would be a week long lasting an hour. We would do different themes each week. One week was Pirate and Princess. We had the kids Cambree's age, host it. They planned it, and put it on. Then we did a Science Camp, Art Camp and Olympic Week. I was so excited about these weeks. 

So I jumped right in to decorations. I made this as a fun way to enter the Science Camp. 

 These were for the pirate princess week. But on the back was science pictures so we could flip it over to use for the next camp.



 One of the crafts we planned was a rock painting.


 Cambree and her friend Marli did a lot of prep for the Pirate Princess Camp.
 This was our site.


 Another craft for the craft camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment